TikTok is one of those apps that is quite entertaining to use. You’ll probably be spending a lot of time making videos once you find out how to add effects, filters, and other great features.
You may find it challenging to navigate your gallery after a few days or weeks of making videos. When this occurs, it may be time to delete some videos that you no longer require.
You may want to reinvent yourself as your TikTok profile rises along with your number of followers. Unfortunately, creating a new account means starting from scratch with no followers. Deleteing old videos is the most effective technique to achieve your goal of getting rid of them.
Getting rid of videos you do not need or want in TikTok is very simple. We’ll go over all you need to know about deleting videos and other content from TikTok in this article.
Follow these simple steps to delete a TikTok video.
- Open the TikTok app on your phone, tablet or computer.
- Log into your account. Once you log in, you’ll get an entire list of all your posts and videos you’ve made.
- Tap/Click on the video you wish to delete. It will appear and play in full screen mode.
- While the video is playing, you will see three little dots in the bottom-right corner. Tap the dots, and the app will show you the rest of the available options.
- Tap/Click Delete. Confirm by tapping/clicking Delete again.
- When the pop-up menu appears, swipe it from left to right until you see a little trashcan icon. Tap/Click on it, and the video in question will disappear from your gallery. The app will ask you to confirm your decision, and you should tap/click Yes to confirm you’d like to delete the video.
There isn’t much you can do if your video’s settings allow other users to download it. Someone may have downloaded a copy of the video that they can upload from their profile, even though you erased it from your gallery.
As a result, before making any video you might want to remove, you should alter your privacy settings.
How to make a TikTok Video Private
Let’s say you’re not quite ready to delete your videos, but you also don’t want anyone else to watch them. You are not required to remove your videos. Of course, you can save the videos to your camera roll, but you can also store them to a TikTok app private folder.
- To do this, open the video in question.
- Tap on the three dots, then tap on ‘Privacy Settings.’
- Tap on Who can watch this video.
- You can select the Only me option to make your video private.
The movie will remain in this private folder, accessible only to you, until you delete it or move it back to a public folder accessible to all of your friends.
When you’re ready, go to your profile and tap the lock button to make your video public again. Then tap on Everyone using the same instructions as before.
Can you recover a deleted video on TikTok?
Unless the video has been saved to your device. You can choose to save a copy of a video to your phone when you post it. If you followed the steps correctly, you should now have a TikTok album in your phone’s camera roll.
Can I report a video?
Yes, you can use the share icon to report a video that you believe violates TikTok’s community guidelines. Tap ‘Report’ from there. To report the video, simply follow the guidelines.
Can I delete someone else’s post?
It may sound like an odd question, but imagine one of your friends posting a video of you that you don’t like. Of course, you can ask your friend to remove the video, but what can you do if they refuse?
You can report a video on someone else’s account, but you can’t delete it yourself.
This is most likely only utilized if the video is extremely inflammatory and breaks the app’s terms and conditions.
If you choose to go that route, all you have to do is find the video, hit the ‘Share’ symbol on the right-hand side, and then tap ‘Report.’ Complete and submit the form. If TikTok determines that the video violates the community guidelines, it will be removed. Just keep in mind that you can lose a friend if you do so.